Welcome to my blog!

I used to blog here mostly using local photos about my neighborhood or Washington DC or other places I visited. But over time I found myself blogging about crafts or sewing projects or my activities as a seller of collectibles on Ebay (look my stuff up under Mugsim7) or other topics, such as selling my beautiful old Victorian townhouse. Occasionally, I take a break from blogging so you won't see anything regularly. But I'm still have fun writing it. May your days be blessed with miracles, and creativity too!

Saturday, July 31, 2010

They Still Sell Newspapers, Don't They?

There was this row of brightly colored newspaper boxes on the corner of K and 15th streets NW so I just had to photo them, wondering how many people still read newspapers. I went into the nearby Starbucks for my customary small mild coffee made with an inch of hot water -- since I love the taste of coffee but find it's too strong -- and sat and watched this corner for a while. No one either bought a newspaper or took one of the free ones from the eleven boxes hanging out there. Someone was reading a newspaper in the coffee shop but mostly people were talking or on their cell phones. Sometimes people ask me if I saw a particular story in the newspaper, but generally I don't read the paper as I just don't seem to have time. I will read an article if someone sends me something or it's about something I'm interested in or I will click on a headline electronically or go look something up. My mother and mother-in-law are both in the habit of reading the newspaper but I think it's a generational thing with younger people getting their news electronically. How things change! It's the absolute that stands.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment