Welcome to my blog!

I used to blog here mostly using local photos about my neighborhood or Washington DC or other places I visited. But over time I found myself blogging about crafts or sewing projects or my activities as a seller of collectibles on Ebay (look my stuff up under Mugsim7) or other topics, such as selling my beautiful old Victorian townhouse. Occasionally, I take a break from blogging so you won't see anything regularly. But I'm still have fun writing it. May your days be blessed with miracles, and creativity too!

Monday, July 5, 2010

A Lovely July 4th

July 4th this year was a Sunday so it was a double delight day, not only the best day of the week but also a holiday. So everyone on the street put out their flags and you could smell barbecues going and hear party music. We had dinner of sausages and kasha salad and lime jello with raspberries on the front porch and then about 9 pm we all went out on the front steps and set off some fireworks. We had a few rockets and roman candles and showering banging snapping flashing things and it was a good time. The kids next door watched and dared themselves to hold a few of the sparklers we had. Not only could we hear the thundering boom of the national fireworks display on the Mall but also all around were the rockets red and green and white glare as the neighbors on adjacent streets set off their fireworks. After cake and ice cream we went to bed very satisfied with an excellent celebration day, thanks be to God!

No comments:

Post a Comment