Welcome to my blog!

I used to blog here mostly using local photos about my neighborhood or Washington DC or other places I visited. But over time I found myself blogging about crafts or sewing projects or my activities as a seller of collectibles on Ebay (look my stuff up under Mugsim7) or other topics, such as selling my beautiful old Victorian townhouse. Occasionally, I take a break from blogging so you won't see anything regularly. But I'm still have fun writing it. May your days be blessed with miracles, and creativity too!

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Hot Dog Days

There's at least two hot dog stands within a half mile radius of where I work downtown but it's a rare lunch hour when I will splurge on these even though they are quite tasty and delicious. These food carts have all the fatty, salty things I should avoid so I do my best not to eat them. I only succumb a couple of times a year as a special treat on a Friday afternoon or if I completely forgot to bring lunch with me or just can't get into something healthy, organic and expensive. Ah, vinegar and salt flavored potato chips! Ah , barbecue flavored potato chips!  Ah, steamy brown, spicy shiny hot dogs wrapped in foil and smothered in very green relish! Puffy white bread roll smeared with unbelievably yellow mustard! Orange soda with no ice! All for less than $3!  A perfect American snack!

No comments:

Post a Comment