Welcome to my blog!

I used to blog here mostly using local photos about my neighborhood or Washington DC or other places I visited. But over time I found myself blogging about crafts or sewing projects or my activities as a seller of collectibles on Ebay (look my stuff up under Mugsim7) or other topics, such as selling my beautiful old Victorian townhouse. Occasionally, I take a break from blogging so you won't see anything regularly. But I'm still have fun writing it. May your days be blessed with miracles, and creativity too!

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Not My Funeral Yet

I go by this funeral home every time I take the G8 bus to or from work and wonder about who has their funeral there. It's "Frazier's Funeral Home Since 1917" and I've only ever seen two or three occasions when it looked like there was a viewing or funeral there in the twenty years or so I've been in the neighborhood. Once some people going in the doorway, dressed in their Sunday best. Another time, there was a crowd on the sidewalk and it looked like they were all about to go  in or leave, I couldn't tell. The building is at the intersection of Rhode Island and Florida Avenues northwest and stands out because of how the building is decorated.  At some time someone put this stone exterior over brick walls -- or so I assume since most of the buildings in the Shaw neighborhood are brick -- and then added the blue awnings or shades over the windows. And it's looked pretty much this way for a long time.  Once I saw a hearse parked in the alley alongside the building but there does not seem to be a lot of activity at the times I go by. Maybe funerals are at other times and, thank God, it's not my funeral yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment