Welcome to my blog!

I used to blog here mostly using local photos about my neighborhood or Washington DC or other places I visited. But I took a break from the blog for a few months and then found myself posting about crafts and sewing projects I have done or are doing. More recently, my spare time is taken up with selling collectibles and things on Ebay as a seller called Mugsim7. Having a lot of fun with it so far! May your days be blessed with miracles, surprises and creativity too!

Monday, April 16, 2018

Does Anyone Still Listen to Cassette Tapes?

I really don't know if anyone still uses cassette tapes to listen to music but when my father died I acquired a dozen of them, but not, mysteriously enough, a device to play them on. So I've not been able to test them and see if they work, but the cases look in good order and they have the original papers in them, not at all dog-eared and my guess is that they weren't played that  much.

So I've put them on Ebay in the hope that there are some people who still play cassette tapes and would want them.  There's a set of eight classical music tapes ( that includes The Best of Bach, Vivaldi, Kreisler, Beethoven and some  Mozart, Wagner's Ride of the Valkyries, 1812 Overture, and some others).  Also a set of three religiously-oriented cassettes such as Christmas With You, Songs of Praise, and Gregorian Chants.  So these cassette tapes can be found under seller mugsim7's stuff on Ebay for a very good price. 

Boots, Top Hats and Baskets of Pressed Glass Make for Lovely Window Displays

I've acquired some lovely vintage glass items that were collected by my now deceased mother-in-law.  She had a fine eye for pretty shapes and colors and unusual objects made of glass.  For instance, I had never seen or heard of glass boots and shoes pressed by the Fenton glass company here in America during the mid-century period.  But she had collected a few of them, as well as a set of four top hats, two little baskets and some bowls or dishes.   I find the colors extraordinary and the detail quite impressive.
I think my mother-in-law did too as I recall she had put them on little shelves in a large window and the sun would pour through them lighting them up and casting beams of amber, amethyst, olive green and cobalt blue into the room.
Now that I've got them up for sale on Ebay, I'm hoping there are other collectors out there who will want them and put them to a pretty window display use.  If you looking for them, go to Ebay and look for things sold by mugsim7, that's  me. Then just search on Fenton pressed glass or "glass boots" or things like that and hopefully they will pop up on your screen. 

Thursday, March 22, 2018

Glass Items Hard To Let Go Of on Ebay

Pink depression glass cup, saucer, candy dish

Garfield coffee mugs
I have a hard time selling some of my collectibles on Ebay as I have become attached to a lot of things. For instance, although I've never used them, I have a pair of brightly colored glass mugs from 1978 that are Garfield cartoons. So cute!  Then, over time I've accumulated some depression glass items, such as this delicious lacy pink teacup with a serrated saucer and a two-partition pink candy or serving dish. There's quite a bit of demand for depression era glass, so maybe these will sell but to be frank, I'm not sure I really want to let go of them. But they are up listed on Ebay under my seller name, Mugsim7, so maybe someone else will find them as lovely as I do and will want to buy them.

Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Not Sure Who Reads Zap Comics Anymore, But I'll Try to Ebay Them

Zap Comics

Hubster used to read these Zap comics back in the day. They are from 1967 and 1968 and were called Zap Comics drawn by a guy called R. Crumb, and apparently were published out in San Francisco.  They have glossy covers and newsprint on the inside, that has gotten a bit yellowed since then, but apparently they were all the rage back then.  I took a quick read through and didn't see the humor, but then again, I don't often find things funny that other people do -- maybe because I'm an immigrant and just don't get certain American things. So I bundled up some of these and posted them up on the Ebay site under my seller name Mugsim7 and am crossing my fingers hoping someone finds them interesting enough to buy, or off to the recycling bin they go!

Update:  I have now sold  many of these but have added the rest of the stash that hubster had, including Dr. Strange, Archie Comics, Checkered Demon, Justice League, Spiderman and others.  They all can be found on Ebay under seller mugsim7's stuff.  Some of them seem quite rare, but others seem less valuable.  Most are in fair to good shape with the exception of a few that have handling wear and one has parted the cover from the spine staples. I price them low as it really is time for other people to enjoy these.

Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Selling stuff on Ebay is so much fun!

brass duck paperweight
pewter, glass and china
China sets and glass thngs
Blue speckle enamel coffee servicen

It's been a while since I blogged about crafts and stuff but that's because my spare time has been taken up with a new activity, selling things on Ebay! At some point I will be downsizing my household and so I have to clear out a lot of stuff that has accumulated over the past 30 years. So instead of just junking it all, I am posting things to the Ebay website for sale so at least they go to people who want them -- that is, willing to pay for them. All I have to do is photograph the stuff, write up a description and post it and wait for someone to contact me if they want to buy it.  So far I've "met" loads of people from all across America  (I only sell domestically) who want my stuff, pretty much from every state in the union.  I just box it up and ship it, and eh voila, a happy customer, and a happy seller! So check me out on Ebay, my seller name is mugsim7.