Welcome to my blog!

I used to blog here mostly using local photos about my neighborhood or Washington DC or other places I visited. But over time I found myself blogging about crafts or sewing projects or my activities as a seller of collectibles on Ebay (look my stuff up under Mugsim7) or other topics, such as selling my beautiful old Victorian townhouse. Occasionally, I take a break from blogging so you won't see anything regularly. But I'm still have fun writing it. May your days be blessed with miracles, and creativity too!

Monday, April 16, 2018

Boots, Top Hats and Baskets of Pressed Glass Make for Lovely Window Displays

I've acquired some lovely vintage glass items that were collected by my now deceased mother-in-law.  She had a fine eye for pretty shapes and colors and unusual objects made of glass.  For instance, I had never seen or heard of glass boots and shoes pressed by the Fenton glass company here in America during the mid-century period.  But she had collected a few of them, as well as a set of four top hats, two little baskets and some bowls or dishes.   I find the colors extraordinary and the detail quite impressive.
I think my mother-in-law did too as I recall she had put them on little shelves in a large window and the sun would pour through them lighting them up and casting beams of amber, amethyst, olive green and cobalt blue into the room.
Now that I've got them up for sale on Ebay, I'm hoping there are other collectors out there who will want them and put them to a pretty window display use.  If you looking for them, go to Ebay and look for things sold by mugsim7, that's  me. Then just search on Fenton pressed glass or "glass boots" or things like that and hopefully they will pop up on your screen. 




No comments:

Post a Comment