Welcome to my blog!

I used to blog here mostly using local photos about my neighborhood or Washington DC or other places I visited. But over time I found myself blogging about crafts or sewing projects or my activities as a seller of collectibles on Ebay (look my stuff up under Mugsim7) or other topics, such as selling my beautiful old Victorian townhouse. Occasionally, I take a break from blogging so you won't see anything regularly. But I'm still have fun writing it. May your days be blessed with miracles, and creativity too!

Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Glossy Black Faced Suffolk Sheep! Sold!

I'm not kidding, these two little sheep and the ram were for sale. And they went went fast once I put them up on Ebay.  These vintage collectibles are shiny glossy Berwick ceramics made in England and are in very good nick, that is, no cracks or nicks and no scratches or missing bits. They stand a few inches high and wide and they are totally delightful to look at. They were in a lovely collection of animals, birds and creatures that my now deceased mother-in-law had collected.  I believe she bought them on a trip back to the old country, possibly when she took a trip to Scotland. They are black faced Suffolk sheep figurines, commonly found all over the United Kingdom and contribute their wool and meat to the economy.

Of course, I sold them on Ebay under my seller name mugsim7 to someone who wanted to give them a better home than the shelf in the basement where I kept them. On the other hand, I almost didn't want to sell them, they are so cute and unusual! But I did! Sold!



No comments:

Post a Comment