Welcome to my blog!

I used to blog here mostly using local photos about my neighborhood or Washington DC or other places I visited. But over time I found myself blogging about crafts or sewing projects or my activities as a seller of collectibles on Ebay (look my stuff up under Mugsim7) or other topics, such as selling my beautiful old Victorian townhouse. Occasionally, I take a break from blogging so you won't see anything regularly. But I'm still have fun writing it. May your days be blessed with miracles, and creativity too!

Friday, April 20, 2018

Woodstock Music Festival Seems Like a Long Time Ago



Among the items we acquired recently is a Life Magazine Commemorative Edition on the 35th Anniversary of the music festival, Woodstock.  This now iconic music festival was held August 15-18, 1969 in upstate New York and attended by thousands.  The Life Magazine commemorative has many of their original photographs from the first issue about Woodstock, including photos of colorful buses, Grace Slick, Janis Joplin, children playing in the dirt among others, including the fields of trash left behind afterwards.
Janis Joplin


I didn't go to this festival, although I did go to others somewhat like it, but I knew many people who did go to Woodstock and they all came back home very glazed and glassy eyed saying how cool and awesome it was.  They went on about the great music and who they saw there.

The Life Magazine commemorative has a list of the singers and performers but I have a feeling they left a few people out.  I'm selling this Life Magazine on Ebay, under my seller name mugsim7, as we decided we have too many old papers and books and magazines here and we just hoping there is someone who would like this one.

Grace Slick





No comments:

Post a Comment