Welcome to my blog!

I used to blog here mostly using local photos about my neighborhood or Washington DC or other places I visited. But over time I found myself blogging about crafts or sewing projects or my activities as a seller of collectibles on Ebay (look my stuff up under Mugsim7) or other topics, such as selling my beautiful old Victorian townhouse. Occasionally, I take a break from blogging so you won't see anything regularly. But I'm still have fun writing it. May your days be blessed with miracles, and creativity too!

Thursday, September 20, 2018

Art Nouveau Pieces in Paris, France


 This lovely lamp was created by Louis Majorelle (1846-1940), an artisan from Nancy, France. It is a table lamp created in 1902-1904 by Majorelle and the Daum Brothers and is typical of the Nancy School of Art Nouveau pieces created for various architects and designers at the time.  It stands almost 18 inches high and is so totally stunning I just had to photograph it. It is in Musee D'Orsay, Paris France among a collection of other art nouveau/art deco furniture pieces.  Just super!
This bed was created 1898 to 1899 by Tony Selmershein (1871 to 1971) from Saint Germain En Laye, who created this "chaise de salle a manger" for the Savoy Hotel in Brussels.  It is wonderful and strange looking and was arranged in a room format for view in the Musee D'Orsay in Paris, France.

No comments:

Post a Comment