Welcome to my blog!

I used to blog here mostly using local photos about my neighborhood or Washington DC or other places I visited. But over time I found myself blogging about crafts or sewing projects or my activities as a seller of collectibles on Ebay (look my stuff up under Mugsim7) or other topics, such as selling my beautiful old Victorian townhouse. Occasionally, I take a break from blogging so you won't see anything regularly. But I'm still have fun writing it. May your days be blessed with miracles, and creativity too!

Friday, September 3, 2010

Sidetrip to NYC

Times Square
Ellis Island
Empire State Building
Typical Lamp Post
Freedom Tower Half Built
This past week we took a little trip to another city, the big city, the big apple, that is, New York City.. Last I  heard there were at least 8 million people living there and it felt like that. Everywhere you looked there were crowds and large groups of people going about their daily business, or eating or shopping or lolly-gaggling like us.. In comparison, the streets of D.C. seem almost bare!  And the streets just went on and on with little store fronts selling pizza, or clothes and handbags, gadgets, and luggage (just like the street vendors on the streets of DC!) and big store fronts selling Gucci, Versace, Michael Kors and all kinds of brand name expensive labels that I learn about from watching television and that I never buy (sorry Mad Men!). We took a cruise around Manhattan Island and passed Ellis Island and learned a little history about the millions that came through there. Where else can you also see the Empire State building from the river with a yacht passing in front of it! We also saw the site where they are building the Freedom Tower where the World Trade Center towers used to be. I had to admit I had some emotional flashbacks to September 11 seeing this construction site and found myself glancing at the scarfed women on board the tourist boat with us, to see if they had any reaction. They were dutifully photographing the Colgate clock on the NJ side of the Hudson River, however. We had a lovely time and prayed that NYC would last forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment