Welcome to my blog!

I used to blog here mostly using local photos about my neighborhood or Washington DC or other places I visited. But over time I found myself blogging about crafts or sewing projects or my activities as a seller of collectibles on Ebay (look my stuff up under Mugsim7) or other topics, such as selling my beautiful old Victorian townhouse. Occasionally, I take a break from blogging so you won't see anything regularly. But I'm still have fun writing it. May your days be blessed with miracles, and creativity too!

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Sunrise Hibiscus in Front of Waterfall in National Gallery of Art

A few weeks ago we made a family visit to the National Gallery of Art here in Washington DC and not only was the art great to look at but also there is always a lovely display of flowers in the underground restaurant. This time it was these very pretty sunrise hibiscus flowers and they had them growing in front of the glass wall that is in front of the waterfall.  Well, this is what I call them as I once had one of these plants and kept it for a few years, taking it in over the winters.  However, one year I missed a frost warning and my lovely Sunrise Hibiscus got nipped in the cold and quickly died.  I was very disappointed.  Since then I've got other flowering plants but it was great to see this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment