Welcome to my blog!

I used to blog here mostly using local photos about my neighborhood or Washington DC or other places I visited. But over time I found myself blogging about crafts or sewing projects or my activities as a seller of collectibles on Ebay (look my stuff up under Mugsim7) or other topics, such as selling my beautiful old Victorian townhouse. Occasionally, I take a break from blogging so you won't see anything regularly. But I'm still have fun writing it. May your days be blessed with miracles, and creativity too!

Saturday, April 25, 2020

Wall of Cactus

On one of my pandemic perambulations,  I came across this amazing wall of cacti.  Someone had set up a box like structure with a vertical arrangement of cactus plants in one of the Smithsonian gardens.   I think it is quite amazing. I hadn't noticed if they'd been up over the winter but it is April now and the little plants are looking very healthy and colorful.  I think these are varieties of a plant called hen-and-chicks and are quite easy to grow in sunlight or partial shade.  They are all very pretty and this arrangement is quite inspirational to see. It would be nice to grow some of these on a windowledge in our apartment but alas, there is insufficient light.

No comments:

Post a Comment