Welcome to my blog!

I used to blog here mostly using local photos about my neighborhood or Washington DC or other places I visited. But over time I found myself blogging about crafts or sewing projects or my activities as a seller of collectibles on Ebay (look my stuff up under Mugsim7) or other topics, such as selling my beautiful old Victorian townhouse. Occasionally, I take a break from blogging so you won't see anything regularly. But I'm still have fun writing it. May your days be blessed with miracles, and creativity too!

Sunday, April 19, 2020

Lovely Spring Flowers at Bartholdi Park, Washington DC

Whoever takes care of and gardens the various flower beds on the national Mall area in Washington, DC does a fabulous job.  This spring, during the time of the pandemic, we were able to take daily walks and see spectacular displays of hyacinths, tulips, daffodils and a myriad of other flowers whose names I don't know.
The flowers in this blog are from the Bartholdi Park garden  at the bottom of Capitol Hill on its southwest side.  It is located near the enclosed glass US Botanical Garden, which is now closed, but this park is open
and free to the public.  We have roamed through it a couple of times lately and just love the incredible displays of color, the aromas and watching the seedlings grow.  The park also has trees and a fountain, although that's not running now. 
We don't encounter too many other people on these walks due to the City of Washington DC Stay At Home order, but these walks are a valuable contribution to our health and well-being as staying at home all day every day for weeks on end is, strangely enough, quite exhausting.


No comments:

Post a Comment