Welcome to my blog!

I used to blog here mostly using local photos about my neighborhood or Washington DC or other places I visited. But over time I found myself blogging about crafts or sewing projects or my activities as a seller of collectibles on Ebay (look my stuff up under Mugsim7) or other topics, such as selling my beautiful old Victorian townhouse. Occasionally, I take a break from blogging so you won't see anything regularly. But I'm still have fun writing it. May your days be blessed with miracles, and creativity too!

Sunday, July 8, 2012

Just Gotta Love Those DC Trash Collection Guys!


Well, we actually had two big bulging bags of paper and cardboard trash left over after our July 4th fabulous firework party but I only had enough room on the photo chip for this one bulging TNT bag. I just think it's marvelous how trash is taken away and disposed of on our street. We bag it and bin it and they take it away! One morning I caught those hard-working DC trash collection guys doing their job and had to snap a few photos and thank them for a job well done. If you stop and think about it, those guys are totally essential to our well-being in the city.  I also appreciate the Recycle pick-up which seems to occur on a different day.  We are very good at filling our recycling bin too with bottles, plastic, magazines and paper and suchlike and it too just mysteriously disappears out of the blue bin and hopefully gets recycled. There's also something to be said for how the city residential neighborhoods mostly have alley ways so one doesn't really see the piles of trash very much and it helps keep the streets clean. I think this design really helps make Washington, DC a very livable city. Having regular trash pick up is very civilized too, as anyone who's been overseas where they have not organized this knows what happens if there is no regular organized trash pick-up.


No comments:

Post a Comment