Welcome to my blog!

I used to blog here mostly using local photos about my neighborhood or Washington DC or other places I visited. But over time I found myself blogging about crafts or sewing projects or my activities as a seller of collectibles on Ebay (look my stuff up under Mugsim7) or other topics, such as selling my beautiful old Victorian townhouse. Occasionally, I take a break from blogging so you won't see anything regularly. But I'm still have fun writing it. May your days be blessed with miracles, and creativity too!

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

It's Buckin' Fun in Virginia


We recently went to the Loudoun County Fair and saw pigs and cows and sheep and various rides and things but the thing that interested us the most were the people riding on a mechanical bull called Ride Raging BullLittle children and teenagers and some adults got on this mechanical bull and while the "It's Buckin' Fun" T-shirt wearing attendant operated it, they tried to stay on while it bucked and circled and twisted about. Most only lasted less than 30 seconds although the attendant did make it go slower for the very little kids who clambered on including a little girl who cried at first and begged to be lifted down but two minutes later begged to try again! Her mother allowed her on again and she lasted almost a minute and got a big hand from the watching crowd.  Apparently RideRagingBull will also be at another county fair, the Frederick County Fair July 30 to August 4. You won't get me on one of these but it was fascinating to watch people try this. It was one of the few activities at the fair that challenged people rather than just sucked money out of them on silly rides and whirl-a-gig machines that seemed designed to get people to scream and throw up their cotton candy, hot dogs and fried potatoes. Riding the Raging Bull also seemed like an activity that a group could do together as they stood about egging each other on and cheering when someone stayed on, or fell off! Actually, everyone falls off and the owners of the mechanical bull have a large padded safety mat area that cushions falls. They also have "It's Buckin' Fun" T-shirts in blue and red for anyone who just wants this instead. 

No comments:

Post a Comment