Welcome to my blog!

I used to blog here mostly using local photos about my neighborhood or Washington DC or other places I visited. But over time I found myself blogging about crafts or sewing projects or my activities as a seller of collectibles on Ebay (look my stuff up under Mugsim7) or other topics, such as selling my beautiful old Victorian townhouse. Occasionally, I take a break from blogging so you won't see anything regularly. But I'm still have fun writing it. May your days be blessed with miracles, and creativity too!

Friday, January 18, 2013

Those Crazy Christmas Story Leg Lamps

I burst out laughing recently in Walgreen's as on the top shelf there were two of those Christmas Story Leg Lamps just waiting to be bought by someone. I snapped the photo and when I went out to the car where hubster was waiting for me, I showed him the photo. He loved it and said "Let's go buy one!"  It was all I could do to stop him getting out of the car and diving back into the store to purchase one.  He really likes that 1983 movie, "A Christmas Story," about little Ralphie and his Red Ryder BB gun, but the funniest part of the movie is the "award" Ralph's dad receives from work. It turns out to be a lamp like this and of course Ralph's mother finds it hideous. Then Ralph's dad puts the lamp in their front window and she just knows everyone is finding it very silly and stupid.  I've seen these lamps in miniature but these were the full 3 foot high size. Just unbelievably hideous and funny all at the same time!

No comments:

Post a Comment