Welcome to my blog!

I used to blog here mostly using local photos about my neighborhood or Washington DC or other places I visited. But over time I found myself blogging about crafts or sewing projects or my activities as a seller of collectibles on Ebay (look my stuff up under Mugsim7) or other topics, such as selling my beautiful old Victorian townhouse. Occasionally, I take a break from blogging so you won't see anything regularly. But I'm still have fun writing it. May your days be blessed with miracles, and creativity too!

Thursday, May 3, 2012

So many flowers, so little time to enjoy them

queen liz roses
little purple irises
my spring garden
sweet little dandelions
It seems like spring got here quite early this year with the roses already blooming away before my azaleas are even fully flowering!  I'm not sure why the Queen Liz rose bush is doing so well with over three dozen flowers already, but maybe it's because we cut it back last fall and gave her tons of rose food and some fungus killer. Eh voila, that worked!  The irises are having a fine time showing off as well with yellow, purple and dark red ones all coming out at once (!) and some of my favorite "weeds" such as dandelions and buttercups are also showing their lovely faces. I've had so many flowers that I've been able to pick bouquets and give them to sick relatives and friends and even a kitchen table arrangement or two.  I just love spring for all these reasons. I just wish I had more time to hang out in the garden and porch but starting a new job and taking care of family business has had me very busy lately.



No comments:

Post a Comment