Welcome to my blog!

I used to blog here mostly using local photos about my neighborhood or Washington DC or other places I visited. But over time I found myself blogging about crafts or sewing projects or my activities as a seller of collectibles on Ebay (look my stuff up under Mugsim7) or other topics, such as selling my beautiful old Victorian townhouse. Occasionally, I take a break from blogging so you won't see anything regularly. But I'm still have fun writing it. May your days be blessed with miracles, and creativity too!

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Longest Serving Cabinet Member Got a Bridge Named For Him

Waiting for the bus on Independence Avenue at the corner of 12th Street one day I couldn't help noticing the ugly ole bridge that extends from the Whitten Building (Department of Agriculture, yes the federal agency that issues food stamps) across the road to its sister building. Somewhere I noted that it's called the Wilson Bridge, named for James Wilson, one of the longest serving cabinet members in U.S. history.  Maybe one of these days, I'll get to walk on this bridge but right now there's no need for me to go to the Dept of Ag for anything, not even food stamps.  What else do they do anyway? It's not like there's many farmers anymore...

No comments:

Post a Comment