Welcome to my blog!

I used to blog here mostly using local photos about my neighborhood or Washington DC or other places I visited. But I took a break from the blog for a few months and then found myself posting about crafts and sewing projects I have done or are doing. These involve fabric recycling or re-use and refashioning of clothes, or other frugalities. I've left up the previous blogs and may occasionally revert to those topics again. May your days be blessed with miracles, surprises and creativity too!

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Longest Serving Cabinet Member Got a Bridge Named For Him

Waiting for the bus on Independence Avenue at the corner of 12th Street one day I couldn't help noticing the ugly ole bridge that extends from the Whitten Building (Department of Agriculture, yes the federal agency that issues food stamps) across the road to its sister building. Somewhere I noted that it's called the Wilson Bridge, named for James Wilson, one of the longest serving cabinet members in U.S. history.  Maybe one of these days, I'll get to walk on this bridge but right now there's no need for me to go to the Dept of Ag for anything, not even food stamps.  What else do they do anyway? It's not like there's many farmers anymore...

No comments:

Post a Comment