Welcome to my blog!

I used to blog here mostly using local photos about my neighborhood or Washington DC or other places I visited. But over time I found myself blogging about crafts or sewing projects or my activities as a seller of collectibles on Ebay (look my stuff up under Mugsim7) or other topics, such as selling my beautiful old Victorian townhouse. Occasionally, I take a break from blogging so you won't see anything regularly. But I'm still have fun writing it. May your days be blessed with miracles, and creativity too!

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Flowers and Unleashed Dogs in #BloomingdaleDC Park

Crispus Attucks daffodils
Flowering trees
Unleashed dogs with scofflaw owners
Sign says" ALWAYS KEEP YOUR DOG ON LEASH"
On a recent walk in the local Crispus Attucks park I saw the very welcome signs of spring like flowering trees, tons of daffodils out, and some crocuses and hyacinths. I also saw someone working on the plants, cleaning out the winter debris. I also chucked out a bottle of vodka (empty!) found in the flowers.  Some local people -- scofflaws -- seem to forget that this park is NOT a dog park and were letting their dogs freely roam UNLEASHED having a great time tearing about in the "dog" portion of the park.  I guess some local residents think we all like dogs and dog poop or maybe they can't read the signs all over the park which advise users of the local rules.    



1 comment:

  1. someone did reply to me on twitter to @jeniferjs commenting about how most people pick up their dogs' poop... Mind you, I rememember when a bigger concern in the 'hood was needles and empty crack baggies...

    ReplyDelete