Welcome to my blog!

I used to blog here mostly using local photos about my neighborhood or Washington DC or other places I visited. But I took a break from the blog for a few months and then found myself posting about crafts and sewing projects I have done or are doing. These involve fabric recycling or re-use and refashioning of clothes, or other frugalities. I've left up the previous blogs and may occasionally revert to those topics again. May your days be blessed with miracles, surprises and creativity too!

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Flowers and Unleashed Dogs in #BloomingdaleDC Park

Crispus Attucks daffodils
Flowering trees
Unleashed dogs with scofflaw owners
Sign says" ALWAYS KEEP YOUR DOG ON LEASH"
On a recent walk in the local Crispus Attucks park I saw the very welcome signs of spring like flowering trees, tons of daffodils out, and some crocuses and hyacinths. I also saw someone working on the plants, cleaning out the winter debris. I also chucked out a bottle of vodka (empty!) found in the flowers.  Some local people -- scofflaws -- seem to forget that this park is NOT a dog park and were letting their dogs freely roam UNLEASHED having a great time tearing about in the "dog" portion of the park.  I guess some local residents think we all like dogs and dog poop or maybe they can't read the signs all over the park which advise users of the local rules.    



1 comment:

  1. someone did reply to me on twitter to @jeniferjs commenting about how most people pick up their dogs' poop... Mind you, I rememember when a bigger concern in the 'hood was needles and empty crack baggies...

    ReplyDelete