Welcome to my blog!

I used to blog here mostly using local photos about my neighborhood or Washington DC or other places I visited. But over time I found myself blogging about crafts or sewing projects or my activities as a seller of collectibles on Ebay (look my stuff up under Mugsim7) or other topics, such as selling my beautiful old Victorian townhouse. Occasionally, I take a break from blogging so you won't see anything regularly. But I'm still have fun writing it. May your days be blessed with miracles, and creativity too!

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Temple Enshrining Sacred Documents in Washington DC

U.S. Archives Building
I was trapped in traffic due to the road repair near the White House so, during an impatient pause, I glanced out of the window and lo and behold saw the nation's temple that contains the U.S. Constitution. It's quite  marvelous, isn't it, to be stuck in traffic in downtown Washington DC and yet to find oneself for a few quick minutes looking at a classical style building in which you know sits a copy on display of the veritable U.S. Constitution. Makes you think of your Civics and Government Studies class if you were blessed enough to have partaken of one. So which one is your favorite provision or Amendment? I'm rather partial to Amendment IX (i.e., The enumeration in the Constitution of certain rights shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people). This always gives me food for thought on what rights are being infringed upon.   Even though it was a busy Saturday afternoon, there were very few tourists at this time of year so I had a clear view of the Corinthian columns and exhibition pennants. I noticed some sort of '50s retrospective exhibit seemed to be the subject, but then, the light changed, traffic cleared and off I went.  And got a shot of the north side of this Archives Building too, during slow traffic on 7th street. Amazing!
North side of Archives Building

No comments:

Post a Comment