Welcome to my blog!

I used to blog here mostly using local photos about my neighborhood or Washington DC or other places I visited. But over time I found myself blogging about crafts or sewing projects or my activities as a seller of collectibles on Ebay (look my stuff up under Mugsim7) or other topics, such as selling my beautiful old Victorian townhouse. Occasionally, I take a break from blogging so you won't see anything regularly. But I'm still have fun writing it. May your days be blessed with miracles, and creativity too!

Monday, March 25, 2013

Lovely Details in Warner Theater, Washington DC

We saw some entertainment recently at the old Warner Theater in Washington, D.C. recently. While this entertainment was terrific -- it was the Fab Four who play a tribute to The Beatles -- it was some of the decorative details in the theater that captivated my attention even more. From brass lamps, ornate ceilings, medallions on seat backs, gilded walls and staircases and gleaming chandeliers it was like being back in time.

Staircase to balcony
lamp in ceiling medallion
ornate gilded hallway
bronzed mezzanine



ornamentation over stage


view of stage
chandelier gleams overhead
medallion stitched into chairback
drapes and ornamented proscenium









No comments:

Post a Comment