Welcome to my blog!

I used to blog here mostly using local photos about my neighborhood or Washington DC or other places I visited. But over time I found myself blogging about crafts or sewing projects or my activities as a seller of collectibles on Ebay (look my stuff up under Mugsim7) or other topics, such as selling my beautiful old Victorian townhouse. Occasionally, I take a break from blogging so you won't see anything regularly. But I'm still have fun writing it. May your days be blessed with miracles, and creativity too!

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Dogs, Fountains and Weeds in #BloomingdaleDC

Dog in paved front yard
Front yard fountain
Gingko tree weeding up rose planter
Sometimes I just have to photo the more quirky things on my street or nearby such as this dog kept in a paved front yard. He (or she -- I didn't spend too much time looking!) barked sharply at me as I walked home from the bus stop. I rather like his white shirt and boots and wanted to say something about this to the person nearby but he rather glared at me too so I kept walking.  I just hope this isn't one of those "guard dogs" that leap-over-the-fence-and-bite-your-leg that you may occasionally read about in the papers! Further along I saw a more modern designed fountain in a front yard which mysteriously bubbles and trickles almost throughout every season. I like the sound of fountains a lot but it is the idea of fountains that I like the most -- something about the white noise of water, I think. And, if you look closely, you can see that this fountain is what the basement apartment resident sees as soon as she or he opens their front door!  Then of course there are those insistent weed trees that pop up in unexpected places like this ginkgo sapling in a rose bush planter. Well, at least I think it's a gingko tree. Will it take over the flower pot and kill the rose bush? Will the pot owner rip the ginkgo out and toss it in the trash? You see less and less of these trees in the city now as they get cut down and replaced by maples and other species that the mysterious DC tree people plant. It's just amazing to me how much there is to see all around us and there's sure to be a story behind everything.


No comments:

Post a Comment