Welcome to my blog!

I used to blog here mostly using local photos about my neighborhood or Washington DC or other places I visited. But over time I found myself blogging about crafts or sewing projects or my activities as a seller of collectibles on Ebay (look my stuff up under Mugsim7) or other topics, such as selling my beautiful old Victorian townhouse. Occasionally, I take a break from blogging so you won't see anything regularly. But I'm still have fun writing it. May your days be blessed with miracles, and creativity too!

Friday, February 4, 2011

Hubster Kills Computer

The crashing and banging sounds emanating from the study upstairs, and that were paired with masculine oaths and thudding sounds, caught my attention from the downstairs living room where I was calmly and quietly catching up on Facebook entries. In some alarm, I called out "what's going on up there?" Hubster yelled back that he was "sick of this da** computer" and that the email had frozen up on him "one time too many times." In response to my further concerned inquiry, through gritted teeth, as he whacked the computer with our heaviest hammer, he said "not to worry, I'm killing the computer."  Once I opened wide the study door, there he was, Computer Axe Man demolishing an e-machine, shards of plastic and metal flying about as he tore into what was a desktop computer. "I've been looking forward to doing this," he said, as bits and bobs flew and landed against the far wall. I knew things weren't going well with this particular electronic device as I have heard him previously invoking various well known Anglo-Saxon epithets at the screen of this computer. It does -- did -- seem to freeze up a lot, you know, just when you're downloading a critical IRS form or that email from the boss or the plane ticket confirmation, all of which disappear forever and which will require you to execute a repeat of at least an hour's worth of computer entries to get to where you were before the computer freeze-up occurred.Clearly, it's time to buy something new and shiny and fast and loaded with tons of memory. And time to make sure the hammer gets back in the tool box.


No comments:

Post a Comment