Welcome to my blog!

I used to blog here mostly using local photos about my neighborhood or Washington DC or other places I visited. But over time I found myself blogging about crafts or sewing projects or my activities as a seller of collectibles on Ebay (look my stuff up under Mugsim7) or other topics, such as selling my beautiful old Victorian townhouse. Occasionally, I take a break from blogging so you won't see anything regularly. But I'm still have fun writing it. May your days be blessed with miracles, and creativity too!

Monday, January 3, 2011

Winter Garden

Once again the miracle of a cell phone camera allowed me to snap this shot of a winter garden with some snow and a leafless crepe myrtle tree and a couple of empty flower pots. Once all the bulbs and other annuals die down the rock garden emerges. It's hard to believe, but the giant stones in a circle in my front yard are there all the time but only can be seen in the winter. This is the last of the 2010 snow that we got in December but I feel sure that in February 2011 we'll get a blizzard or two and everything will be completely buried.  I like the colors of winter -- the soft greys and whites and light browns and the textures are very different than the greens and yellow lushness of summer. So, I'm as happy with what God gives us for a garden in the winter as with what we are given in the summer. It changes all the time and is never the same twice!

No comments:

Post a Comment